Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My trip to JoAnns: A French Student's perspective

My Trip to JoAnns

Hi everyone! It's Anne-Laure again...remember me, right? I am the French student doing an internship at OttLite this year where you may have read one of my blog posts in the past. So upon working my internship at OttLite I decided what better way to get to know more about the company than to go to our biggest retail partner : The Crafter's Favorite Jo-Ann's.

When I entered Jo-Anns, I was really impressed by the diversity of products displayed for everyone to enjoy their hobbies. There is something for everyone’s taste: sewing, knitting, scrapbooking, quilting and much much more…My mother knits but I never had an artistic flair, and am very bad at crafting. However, I said to myself : "So what ? Let’s give it a try". So here I am, lost in the immensity of Jo-Anns, and mesmerized by all the products...I decide to check out the scrapbook array.

I chose scrapbooking as it seemed like a good place for a beginner to start in the crafting world. After a few minutes I am lost in the labyrinth that is Jo-Anns, surrounded by so much decorating stuff that Father Christmas would be by far beaten. You see a Sponge Bob sheet, you run towards it but you’re stopped in your race by the brilliance of a satin ribbon, … and you imagine all the possibilities, stunned by the number of possible matches.

Then I went to see our lamps. Woohoo... we really have a huge array at Jo-Anns! Our OttLite Lamps were everywhere! They even had little interactive screens where we can see videos demonstrating our products. It was all very, very cool! After having cleaned out the store, I returned home to buckle down my new career in scrapbooking.

This was really important for me because I am far from my friends and family for a year, so I want to have nice stuff with photos of them on to hang up on the wall. I’ve never done scrapbooking before, however it is very easy and I was quickly addicted. Here are some of the things I created under my OttLite of course:

Please feel free to share your comments, tips and suggestions with me!

2 comments:

ennadoolf said...

Beautiful work! I am in awe of those who scrapbook - I knit and sew but just cannot put a page together. :) Nicely done!

Gaby Bee said...

I wish you a Happy Easter!
Gaby xo